Pages

Wednesday 13 October 2010

News: Department 19 by Will Hill

Edit: Review now on The Book Zone - click here

Over the past few weeks there has been quite a buzz on Twitter about a certain book called Department 19 by author Will Hill. The book was unveiled to the big hitters of the book industry (including my friend Liz from My Favourite Books - you can read her fab report here) at a very special event held at the Churchill War Rooms in London. I count myself incredibly lucky to have been sent a proof copy of the book a couple of days later.


Since then I have received many emails (I think the total is now 23) from readers of The Book Zone asking me about this book, and so I thought I had better write this short post. Sadly all I am able to say is that it is brilliant - possibly the best action horror story I have ever read. Department 19 is going to be huge! However, it isn't scheduled for publication until next March and so you are going to have to wait some time for my review, which I will post early in 2011. The best place to go for any further information that may be released is the super cool Spill The Ink website - there is already a handful of posts on there about Department 19. You can also follow Will Hill/Department 19 on Twitter here. In the meantime here is a teaser trailer for you:

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds really cool my friend has it as his mum rites revews. he said he will let me read it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted the comments on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, why do publisher people get readers all excited and then tell them they have to wait six months for book to be out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too many vampire books IMO, but what makes this one so extra special?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds cool, looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheekygryn: imagine your favourite action film, cross it with your favourite vampire film, throw in a bucket load of Resident Evil fight scenes and you will end up with Department 19. That is how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot agree more with what BookZone has said. Department 19 is well written and we have a main character that is really very cool indeed. There is a lot of action and back-story to this, so bear in mind that this is only the first in a series of books which will expand the world it inhabits (our own, of course) but working and reworking some mythologies we know about Vampires and Werewolves. The thing is, it is a bit of a traditional adventure novel, but honestly, it is also a lot more as we follow the main character on this quest to discover who he really is.

    More than that, like Bookzone, I can't say. But really - this is an all-out action adventure story with some great sequences of dialogue and action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I am excited to know more about Department 19!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree - I just read the proof and I can safely say it's one of the best books I've read this year! Brilliant ^.^

    ReplyDelete