Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

My Book of the Month - September

Ooops... just realised that I completely forgot to announce my September Book of the Month. There have been so many cool books coming out recently that I have been struggling to keep up and this monthly feature simply slipped my mind. The final decision was a little easier than is has been in previous months as I managed to narrow the shortlist down to two - Trash by Andy Mulligan and The Double-Edged Sword by Sarah Silverwood. Much as I loved Ms Silverwood's magical urban fantasy set in London and its parallel world sister city, Andy Mulligan's funny and moving mystery/adventure story really struck a chord with me. I finished reading this book whilst on a plane flying to Menorca and the story and its characters stayed at the forefront of my mind for the whole week we were away. This is a book that should be in every school library as it will make young people think hard about the things children have to do to survive in countires where poverty is the norm far more than a TV documentary or news feature ever could. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment