Pages

Friday 22 October 2010

Birthday Time!


The Book Zone (For Boys) is one year old today. If you consider that when I was younger I rarely ever managed to keep a diary for more than a few days at a time then this is quite an achievement for me (well, I think so). It has not always been easy to keep up with the reading, reviewing, interview question writing, etc. as well as being an Assistant Headteacher (or ass head) as my wife so fondly calls me), but I have managed to stick to it as I am genuinely passionate about encouraging young people to read for pleasure.

My huge thanks go to the authors and publishers that have made this past year so enjoyable by keeping my supplied with books and taking the time to answer my interview questions, as well as to the other bloggers out there who have been a constant source of inspiration and guidance. However, my greatest thanks go to the readers of this blog, whether you are boys, girls, parents, teachers, librarians, book lovers, or a combination of the above - thanks you for reading and I hope you will stay around for another year at least.

As a special birthday celebration I have a fantastic prize up for grabs in a competition that I will post about later today.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I just discovered your blog three months ago and you are probably one of the reason why I decided to create my own. You're doing a really great job here. I am glad that this blog exists. It makes guy readers life a lot more convenient.

    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Love your blog is for boys! There needs to be more!

    ReplyDelete