Pages

Sunday 19 September 2010

Horror Reading Challenge


I have decided to take part in a reading challenge. Having already had a horror themed month on my blog back in April, I thought it would be a little too much to have another one to coincide with Halloween, but there are some really great horror books coming out in the next month or so. I therefore did a quick google and discovered the R.I.P. Challenge (aka Readers Imbibing Peril Challenge), which appears to be in its fifth year. I duly signed up to take part, and I am aiming to achieve "Peril The First", that is I hope to read at least four books that fit the listed categories of Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and Supernatural (I think most of my choices will fit the Horror moniker). Between now and 31st October I hope to read:

The Dead by Charlie Higson (sequel to his brilliant zombie book The Enemy);
The Dark by David Gatward (sequel to his just-as-brilliant The Dead);
Furnace: Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith (shame on me for not having read this before);
Furnace: Solitary by Alexander Gordon Smith (ditto)
The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey (sequel to The Monstrumologist)
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (another book I should have read years ago)

Hopefully there will be a few more that fit the theme. If you fancy joining me in this challenge then it isn't too late - just pop along to the Stainless Steel Droppings blog and sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment