Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

News: Neil Gaiman talks about his new children's book over at SFX

I love Neil Gaiman's writing, and Neverwhere is one of my top 5 all time favourite books. Naturally, I am rather excited that this year he has not one but two new books scheduled for publication. The first of these, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, is due out from Headline in June but I am possibly more excited about his new children's book, Fortunately, The Milk which will be published by Neil in October. I had some more information about this book and a link to a video on the SFX website that I just had to share with you:


You can head over to the SFX website today to see an exclusive video clip of Neil talking about this fab new book. Fortunately, the Milk will be a time-travelling adventure for young readers featuring aliens, dinosaurs, volcano gods and a pint of milk that saves the universe! The book will be illustrated throughout by Chris Riddell, and will be the third Neil Gaiman project that Chris Riddell has worked on. Chris has previously illustrated the tenth anniversary edition of Coraline and the Carnegie Medal winning The Graveyard Book, for which Chris was Kate Greenaway Medal shortlisted.



2 comments:

  1. Illustrated by Chris Riddell. Interstellar dinosaur police. A stegosaurus in a hot air balloon. Done, sold, that and the Douglas Adams-esque sounding pint of milk are all I need to convince me this is another Neil Gaiman book I need to own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. I have a similar blog aiming at motivating reluctant boy and girl readers. www.mrtierneyslibrary.com

    ReplyDelete