Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Book Zone meets Andrew Beasley (author of The Battles of Ben Kingdom: The Claws of Evil)


A few weeks ago I posted a review of The Claws of Evil, the first book in Andrew Beasley's The Battles of Ben Kingdom series. I loved the book, with its blend of adventure, Victorian history and urban fantasy, and so I was overjoyed to be invited by Usborne to attend a special event they were organising to celebrate the forthcoming publication of the book.

The lovely people at Usborne had decided to do something very special for Andrew - they contacted London Walks who arranged for one of their guides to lead us on a London walk that tied in with Andrew's story. I'm not going to say much about the walk as those lovely people at Usborne have written their own blog post which you can see by clicking on this link:

http://usbornepublishing.tumblr.com/post/43571522539/walking-with-ben-kingdom

What I will say is that I had a thoroughly enjoyable time. As a lover of both London and history I found the walk fascinating; our guide, Kim, enthralled us with stories about the area of London around London Bridge, its buildings and the people who used to live there. My thanks go to Kim for giving us such a great tour, Andrew for treating us to readings of excerpts from The Claws of Evil, and Amy at Usborne for organising the evening and inviting me along. 

The Claws of Evil is scheduled for a 1st March release, although Andrew said it may already be starting to appear in some book stores. It is well worth getting your hands on a copy - not only is it a great story, but it is also a gorgeous looking book, with some lovely illustrations by the brilliant David Wyatt, who also created the wonderful font cover illustrations.

3 comments: