Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Extract from The Glass Republic by Tom Pollock

The Book Zone Book of the Year 2012 was Tom Pollock's truly amazing The City's Son. Now the sequel, The Glass Republic, has been published by Jo Fletcher Books and having just finished it I can say with all confidence that it is easily as good if not better than its predecessor. I felt more than a little honoured when Tom approached me asking if I would be interested in hosting an excerpt from the book.

My review will follow soon, but to give you a quick idea about the book, this time the story follows Pen as she tries to come to terms with what happened to her in The City's Son, and as a result does an Alice and travels to London-Under-Glass. This excerpt takes place some time after she has arrived in this alternate and bizarre London. You can read it below or download a pdf from here. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. The City's Son was on a par with Gaiman. The Glass republic is BETTER than Gaiman.

    I think that's essentially all you need to know. I'm hugely tempted to just leave it there. In fact, this is going to be a ridiculously minimalist review because I don't want to go anywhere near spoilers as so many people are waiting for this one and I don't want to ruin a thing. I had one small issue at the start, but once I got 200 pages in it resolved itself and I simply sat back and let myself be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey good job! i usually read your blog and it is so interesting!

    descalcificador de agua

    ReplyDelete