Pages

Monday 3 September 2012

Guest Post - Skulduggery Pleasant: Kingdom of the Wicked Launch

Recently, the fab Inis Magazine ran a competition where a handful of lucky winners would be able to meet Derek Landy at an exclusive fan event set up to launch the latest Skulduggery Pleasant book, Kingdom of the Wicked. One of the winners, superfan Colleen McGuigan from Armagh, wrote this piece about the event for us and took some photos as well:



I couldn't believe that I had won the Inis competition and was ecstatic to have the chance to meet Derek. When I arrived at Easons the excitement was already building as preparations were taking place for the book signing - the queue was already huge!

I was waiting in the cafe upstairs when Derek arrived and I was introduced to him as the competition winner. I hadn’t expected my meeting with him to be so intimate - we sat down at a table and I got to interview talk to him for twenty minutes!

Derek was funny and friendly and more than happy to answer my questions. I was a little star struck but he was so down to earth and normal he made it easy to talk to him.

The first thing I asked about was the movie - and where things stood with it? The good news is there's a movie deal about to be announced in the next few weeks and that Derek would like it if an unknown actress could play Valkyrie.

I couldn't resist asking about what other actors he had in mind for other his characters! “I would have said Catherine Zeta Jones or Olivia Wilde as China Sorrows”.

I asked Derek if he preferred writing the good or the evil characters? “The evil characters are fun to write about, but if I didn’t enjoy writing about Skulduggery and Valkyrie the books wouldn’t be any good!”

We continued to chat and as my time with him was nearly up I asked what he would continue to write once the Skulduggery series ended. “There will be more books, I just don’t know what they will be yet. But they will be really well written. Of course.”

Derek gave me a signed copy of Kingdom of the Wicked - it's so good! - and I showed him some of my Skulduggery artwork; he thought they were pretty good! (The man has good taste after all.)




It was soon time for the book signing to start downstairs, so we said goodbye and shook hands, took a few dozen pictures and Derek headed down to meet the hundreds of fans waiting for him.

A huge thank you to Inis, Easons, Harpercollins and especially to Derek - it was one of the best experiences of my life and an incredible pleasure to meet him!”




11 comments:

  1. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Login Your exness login Account To Read The Latest News About The Platform.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. VT Markets Provides Traders With The Best Possible Trading Conditions—from Low Minimum Deposit Demands To Tight Spreads And Fast Trade Execution Speeds. Read More Here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you an online trader looking for help? Do you want to reach more customers with your Forex broker and spread your message across the internet ? Here we have a solution for you and it's called - " Forex Trading Seo Expert Services by Tradingzy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Advanced Seo Techniques For Crypto Brokers You Can Use Link Building Services To Increase The Visibility Of Your Website. The Service Is An Affordable And Long-term Solution To Help Your Site Rank Higher In Search Engine Results. Link Building Services Use A Variety Of Strategies To Help Your Site Rank Higher. One Such Strategy Is To Create Backlinks To Your Site. The Link Building Service Will Create And Place Links On Websites That Are Relevant To Your Business And Industry. This Helps Your Site Rank Higher In Search Engine Results And Increases The Likelihood Of Potential Customers Finding Your Site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking to make money by trading currencies on the forex market? Do you want to find the best forex brokers with the lowest costs and fees? Our free guide provides all the information you need to start trading, selecting a reputable and safe broker, and understanding your Forex Trading Cost .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone,
    I have seen a few reviews on here about making profit from crypto currency trading but I am here to introduce you to a genuine, fast and reliable way to make guaranteed profits in less than 8 days. I was having some financial difficulties less than 3 months ago and I got introduced to an expert trader by my colleague who had earlier talked about making some quick money from cryptocurrency trading, and i made an initial investment deposit of $1,000 and in a few days i got a return on investment of $9,400, i was amazed at the fast and safe nature of trading employed by this expert trader.. I will drop the contact info so you can make contact;

    WhatsApp: +1 726 268 9140
    Email : thomasraveneltrader@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My self and my dad went all in on iss3, got scammed multiple times, found CJRecovery ON TELEGRAM AND https://wa.me/message/JQ5Y2HM2PZXWG1 and I got my money back.

    I invested a total of$95,000.00USD worth of Bitcoin with an online company who does trading and was guaranteed a payout of 25% a week. They ended up shutting down their company website but their website was still running. So I could still see my dashboard at that time and instead of paying weekly they ended up compounding my money. It ended up compounding to$179, 000USD so I requested for a withdrawal which was declined before they shutdown their website, I complained to my colleague at work who directed me about this recovery expert, Mr. Raven Elliot A.K.A CJ, that helped him, I contacted him immediately, what surprised me most, was that I recovered my money that same week. You can contact him on his email at CJDARKWEB @ GMAIL . COM and on WhatsApp: +1 (659) 210‑0433 and he will assist you on the steps to recover your invested funds. Just trying to help those who where scammed just the way I was too.

    BELOW IS THEIR INFORMATION:
    Email:CJDARKWEB @ GMAIL . COM
    WhatsApp: +1 (659) 210‑0433
    Phone number:+1 347 380 9972
    Telegram:CJRecovery

    ReplyDelete
  9. My self and my dad went all in on iss3, got scammed multiple times, found CJRecovery ON TELEGRAM AND https://wa.me/message/JQ5Y2HM2PZXWG1 and I got my money back.

    I invested a total of$95,000.00USD worth of Bitcoin with an online company who does trading and was guaranteed a payout of 25% a week. They ended up shutting down their company website but their website was still running. So I could still see my dashboard at that time and instead of paying weekly they ended up compounding my money. It ended up compounding to$179, 000USD so I requested for a withdrawal which was declined before they shutdown their website, I complained to my colleague at work who directed me about this recovery expert, Mr. Raven Elliot A.K.A CJ, that helped him, I contacted him immediately, what surprised me most, was that I recovered my money that same week. You can contact him on his email at CJDARKWEB @ GMAIL . COM and on WhatsApp: +1 (659) 210‑0433 and he will assist you on the steps to recover your invested funds. Just trying to help those who where scammed just the way I was too.

    BELOW IS THEIR INFORMATION:
    Email:CJDARKWEB @ GMAIL . COM
    WhatsApp: +1 (659) 210‑0433
    Phone number:+1 347 380 9972
    Telegram:CJRecovery

    ReplyDelete