Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2010

My first ever cover quote



I had such a nice surpise this morning. Some time ago I reviewed Hattori Hachi: The Revenge of Praying Mantis by Jane Prowse, a really great action story with a ninja-in-training heroine who really kicks ass. It was released in 2009 but I didn't hear about it until January of this year when it was recommended by my friend Liz from My Favourite Books. Looking back I would certainly say that in my opinion it is one of the best books released during 2009. This morning I received the sequel, entitled Hattori Hachi: Stalking The Enemy from the generous people at Piccadilly, and I was gobsmacked to see that they have used a quote from my review of The Revenge of Praying Mantis on the back cover. This really made my day (which was already looking good thanks to the brilliant custom-made avatar I had emailed to me by the hugely talented Nathan Hale (of Rapunzel's Revenge and Calamity Jack fame) and I have been smiling ever since. He even included a pair of headphones as aside from teaching and reading/blogging I also do a little DJing form time to time. A huge thanks to Nathan!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Such a cool surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darren.
    Hours later and I'm still grinning from ear to ear (a little like my new avatar).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it is a great write-up that, I am sure, will add a lot of value to the students and their assignment writing process. Laden with well researched content, the students will get a lot of things to learn. And the students who are looking for a reliable and cheap assignment help Australia service, My Assignment Services is the destination for them. I am academic expert having more than 10 years of industry experience and 5 years of assignment expert. I know what it takes to write an assignment that has the ability to fetch high grades. Our experts know how to make a boring assignment question unique and original. This is why we are the number one assignment provider for all university going students.

    ReplyDelete