Thursday, 22 October 2009

First Time - About Me

At last.... a few spare minutes to finally get this thing up and running. Please bear with me - this is the first time I have ever done anything like this (I didn't even keep any form of diary as a kid! Well, not for more than a couple of days at a time - hopefully I will be more successful with this blog).

I have always had a passion for reading, and even now as an adult love reading books written for boys and young adults. I live in the UK and I have been teaching for fourteen years (currently an Assistant Headteacher) and have used my position to actively encourage reading for enjoyment, especially where boys are concerned.

I hope to be able to use this blog to share my love of books and raise awareness of the vast wealth of 'boy-friendly' books that have been published since Harry Potter burst onto the scene. Many of the books I review will not necessarily be very recently published - there are many easily forgotten gems out there.

I hope you enjoy reading my ramblings and that you will come back again (and again). Please feel free to leave comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment